The following rules must be followed when registering a .BZ domain name:
- domain names may include only letters, numbers, or hyphen ("-");
- domain names cannot begin or end with a hyphen;
- domain names cannot have more than 63 characters, not including extensions;
- minimum length of a second or third level domain name is 3 characters, not including extensions;
- domain names considered offensive may be declined;
- for domains to be active on the Internet, they must have at least two configured and working name servers in order to be entered into the zone file; and
- any other rules located at www.belizenic.bz put into effect by the Registry from time to time.